With some of the most recognisable names in food retail on our customer list, keeping the production lines moving, meeting order targets and excellent quality control are all essential. And this is the role of our Production Operatives.
Our recruitment process has evolved, and we now offer a group session for candidates where you will see a short presentation about the company and role. We also provide a factory tour so you can see first hand what our production environment is like and hear from the people who do the role. We like to offer our candidates the chance to make their own decisions about Kettle Produce as a workplace with as much information as possible.
We also now run a return bus service between Kirkcaldy, Glenrothes and both of our sites. This is primarily for those who many not have any access to, or limited access to transport.
We have a variety of shift patterns - full time, part time x 2 and U18s (who get paid the same as our over 18s!)
£4 return per day, payable by app
Pick up points: Kirkcaldy Bus Station, Templehall, Glenrothes Bus Station.
Seats on this service are available by arrangement only, and a route code will be provided to allow booking of tickets.
Please note that due to limited seats on the bus, this may not always be available at the time of your application, and does not form part of your Conditions of Employment.
For those of you with access to your own transport, we have free onsite parking available.
We welcome applications from people who
- are committed and reliable
- have good eye to hand coordination
- have good communication skills (we welcome those whose first language is not English - we have many different nationalities working with us)
- have an awareness of (or are willing to learn) Food Hygiene and Health and Safety in the workplace
- want to be part of the teams who make the heart of our business run smoothly.
The role consists of a variety of tasks including
- quality control of incoming fresh produce
- preparing certain produce by hand
- staffing the production lines
- packing, labelling and QA checks of packaging
- stacking finished produce onto pallets
- Opportunities to move into a Machine Operator role
- Opportunities for those with forklift experience to stand in for our Logistics Team when they are short staffed
Apply for this job
Get in touch with us
We would love to hear from you. Getting in touch with us is easy and only a click away